Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Recipe Wednesday - Shakeology vs Coffee

Recipe Wednesday means I bring you a great recipe to consider for your collection.  My intention is to bring you delicious recipes featuring better food choices.  Let's face it, if it doesn't taste good, you won't eat it no matter how good it is for you.  Today's feature is about indulgences...and coffee...ShakeologyCoffee, to be exact...even a bonus spot o' Tea!  No, it doesn't have to be a grudge match at all, we can have both!  It measures up to a healthy, FAST meal on the go!
Learn more about the benefits of Shakeology by visiting http://myshakeology.com/kashubian, keep reading, the recipes are at the bottom!

In my post on Shakeology vs...  I compared the cost of a Shakeology meal replacement shake vs. other popular choices, such as a Big Mac and a Latte at Starbucks.  We spend a lot on those indulgent choices without thinking about it, yet when it comes to something healthy we dig in our heels and count the cost.  We don't connect the cost of our health care to our grocery bill. Ponder that for a moment, what cost are medicines we need when we become insulin resistant or diabetic?  How much does cholesterol medicine cost because we like our fries?  What is the cost of the aching joints that are a common side effect of those cholesterol drugs?   How much will you save when you replace the groceries you'd have to buy for that meal you have replaced for the month, not to mention the junk food you're not buying?  Best of all, there is a "bottom of the bag" guarantee.  So, even if the bag is empty, if you don't like it you get your money back.

What others are saying about Shakeology:
"Shakeology saves my family about $500 a month.  We no longer buy snacks or junk food - we just make a shake.  I didn't think at first we would be able to afford it, but now we can't live without it." - Brian L., Meza, AZ

"$120 sounded out of my league, since I only work part-time.  If I would have known this one simple drink would fix all my health problems, I would have saved myself a lot more money on trips to the doctor!" - Kassi D., Mosheim, TN

"I thought it was expensive, but when I broke down the cost, it's only $4 per day.  That's cheaper than any meal you could make at home or buy!  I told myself I am worth the investment." - Deanna D., WI

"We travel, which forced us to eat out 8-10 meals a week.  Now we take Shakeology, eliminating the fast food.  Also, our grocery bill went down because we cut out chips, sodas, and cookies, plus we have eliminated one meal a day." - Cruzita S., Porterville, CA

"Can't beat the Healthiest Meal of the Day for only $4.  Eating at a local sit-down resaurant wold cost over $7 - $10 bucks a day.  I mainly decided to try it so I could save a little money each month." - Michael H., Meigs, GA

That was a personal question my family had to face.  My husband was pre-diabetic, had his little meter in hand and tested his blood sugar several times a day.  He was on medicine for his high cholesterol and his joints hurt; his knees hurt so bad he couldn't go up and down our basement steps, his neck hurt so badly the chiropractor was becoming his best friend.  This was on top of my own insulin resistance issues tied to PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome).  We ate the same, yet my blood sugar was good, my cholesterol in the range where our family doctor said I'd live forever (he was even jealous, my cholesterol better than his and he had switched to a vegetarian diet).  Well, there was one difference, I was on Shakeology.  He tasted the Tropical Strawberry Shakeology and got on board.  His blood glucose meter tells a different tale now, he is off the medicines for blood sugar and cholesterol.  I'll share the numbers with you after his next physical.  He has dropped about 40 pounds and maintained it, even while his physical activity level plummeted after his Achilles tendon snapped this summer.  
The benefits of Shakeology
Loose Weight
Reduce Cravings
Increase Energy and Stamina
Promotes Healthy Digestion and Regularity
Lower Cholesterol
Low GI food

So, back to coffee.  Caffeine is my personal drug of choice.  If I were Golum, coffee would be my one ring, my own, my love, my prrrecious!   I am in love with my morning coffee.  So, for my coffee loving friends who are thinking that they can't have their Shakeology and coffee, too, back up the bus, Betty, oh yes you can!  (Just FYI, keep the coffee cold to preserve those wonderful prebiotics and all those health benefits of the super foods in your Shakeology.)
The Recipes
Coffee Storm (omg, how can you even not want to try this one with a name like that?)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 tsp. rum extract
1 cup COLD coffee 

Vanilla Mocha
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup COLD coffee

Is tea more your bag, baby?  Relax, Alice, here's a bonus spot of tea, just for you.
Chocolate Almond Chai
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup chilled, unsweetened Chai tea


So, how do you make it?
For each of these delicious recipes, add 1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology (vegan or regular...and yes, they are working on an even better tasting version of the new super food formula that should be out before the end of 2012!) and ice to taste (add more ice for a thicker shake) to the ingredients listed.  Mix in a blender until creamy.

Choices?  You have so many!
Fresh or frozen fruits.  Regular, skim, almond, or rice milk (the more milk you add, the creamier).  Add almond butter or peanut butter (or even PB2 powder), which ever.  Enjoy!


You don't need to take my word for it when it comes to the health benefits of Shakeology, watch this short video to learn  more.


Interested in trying a Shakeology?  LIKE the fitter Fitter on facebook and follow me,  friend me and message me for a FREE sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment