Sunday, August 26, 2012

How bad do you want it?

For me the answer was pretty bad.  A series of injuries over the years and long recovery periods after surgery had buried my inner athlete in a layer of fat.  My self esteem was massively low.  The bad economy meant a slow down in heavy industrial construction, my bread and butter, and it seemed like the perfect time to return to school to pursue my lifelong dream of a B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management.  However, those hours of studying behind the computer or at the tech. school meant a return to sedentary life and more pounds.  I hit intermittent jobs while I studied and my carpal tunnel flared up to a point that surgery was no longer an option, it was do it now or deal with long term irreversible nerve damage.  More down time, more weight gain and I felt sloppy fat.   I was also diagnosed with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome) and this meant my weight gain would be harder to get rid off, this meant staying healthy meant I had to get that weight off.   My confidence was just a cloak I wore to fool everyone, my wardrobe was chosen to hide me.  I hated where I was, I wanted to feel like I did when I was an all conference fast pitch softball catcher and dominated with stolen bases because I was way faster than I looked, way stronger.  Enter INSANITY.  60 days to results?  I can do anything for 60 days.  The toughest home fitness program on DVD?  Yeah, bring it.  Try to make me quit.  This polock does not cry uncle, ever.


Does it work?  You better believe it.  Here are my 60 day results.
Fit Test:                                  Day 1                Day 60
      Switch Kicks                      20                      44
      Power Jacks                       29                      52
      Power Knees                      43                      89
      Globe Jumps                         6                      11
      Suicide Jumps                       6                      16
      Push-up Jacks                     10                      36
      Low Plank Oblique              30                      43
Measurements:
      Waist                                  40"                     34.5"
       Hips                                   43.5"                  41"
       Chest                                  39"                    35.75"
       Thighs (R/L)                     24"/24.5"           20"/20.5"
       Arms (R/L)                   15.5"/14.75"         14.5"/14"
       Weight                               190#                  184#
These are real results.  Yes, with my old injuries I have a lingering percentage of disability, my disability has limitations but I refuse to let that limit me physically.  I minded the safety, I knew my limits and I pushed them while listening to the safety.  If I could not do a move and land safely I did an exercise that I COULD do safely.  I stuck it out and I saw results, encouraging enough results that I became a Team Beachbody Coach.    The day I finished I felt like I was made of awesome and could achieve anything.  I want everyone to feel that way.   Here is my before and after photo.  While I am embarrassed of how I looked before and I still have a long way to go to get to my goal I am proud of my results.
This is real, this works.  I'm going to do another round of INSANITY starting Monday 27 August and I invite you to join me.  Surf here to order your INSANITY or to find my contact information.  I saw results, I saw weight loss, I got stronger, I committed to this home fitness program and I am committed to helping you achieve your goals, too.  Join me, you won't regret it.   Get Fit or Get Out.  Me?  I'm getting fit. 


Find and LIKE me at the fitter Fitter
Have questions for me that you are too shy to ask here?  Want to follow my journey?  Find and LIKE me at the fitter Fitter on facebook.  You can friend me and private message me.  I'm here to help you and the coaching is always FREE.  You can request a FREE sample of Shakeology, talk about finding the best fit in a home fitness program for you or even talk about the coaching opportunity (getting fit and being paid to do it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment